Thursday, March 17, 2011

Say It Like You MEAN It!


I was a great soccer player in high school. As a lefty, I could run down the left edge of the field and lob that ball right into the goal. My problem was that nobody knew I was in crossing position. My coaches would say, "USE YOUR VOICE! CALL FOR THE BALL!" I would (sometimes) weakly call out, "im open, im open." Not enough. Not e-nough.

Today, I don't play soccer, I sell jewelry. I've got great products and I know it. My "Megaphone Necklace" is a reminder to call for the ball.

There will be:
  • No raising pitch
  • No turning statements into questions
  • No softening the tone
  • No hesitation
  • No apology
  • No meekness
If I don't sound like I believe in what I'm selling, why would anyone think I'm worth listening to?

So, world, whatever idea or thing you might be selling- say it like you mean it! Share an idea in class. Make your opinion known at that board meeting. Lead a revolution. Make a silly joke. Whatever you have do say: if it's worth saying, it's worth hearing.

Put on some loud lipstick, engage that core, and be HEARD!

Buy the Megaphone Necklace on Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment